Find answers to our more frequently asked questions. You may view the answer below each individual question by clicking on the question. We have divided the questions into the following categories: About Solar Power, Installation & Maintenance, Money Matters, or Green Thinking.
About Solar PowerWhat is solar power?
What is solar electricity (also called photovoltaic energy)?
What is a solar panel?
Installation & MaintenanceHow long does it take to install a solar energy system?
Does a solar panel need to be on my roof?
Do I have to angle solar panels at the sun all day long?
What happens if there is no sun that day?
How much maintenance is required?
How long do solar panels last?
Can I upgrade a solar panel?
Money MattersI heard that the electric company has to pay me for surplus power. Is this true?
Can I get a payment plan?
How do I get incentives from the government or utility company?
How much does a residential solar system cost?
It’s important to understand all factors of properly specifying, sizing and planning for a solar energy system – and fitting it into a budget. Missouri Solar Solutions can help you identify what incentives apply, then calculate your true net costs. Here’s a rough overview of entry costs for solar energy — before subtracting all available tax credits and rebates:
- Missouri Solar Solutions water heater system typically costs $7500 and up, installed.
- Missouri Solar Solutions PV solar electric system typically costs $8,000 and up, installed.
- Keep in mind you get the 30% tax credit off the cost of the system
Can solar energy lower my electric bill?
- Photo-voltaic Solar electric systems can greatly reduce your electric bill. Whether you choose to augment your existing power or to go completely off-grid, photo-voltaic panels can have a dramatic effect in lowering or eliminating your electric bill. Missouri Solar Solutions Photo-voltaic Solar electric systems offer the fastest return on your solar investment.
- A solar water heater typically reduces your electric bill by approximately 25-30%. Because they are so affordable and offer such a dramatic reduction in utility costs, Missouri Solar Solutions water heaters offer an excellent return on your solar investment.
Green ThinkingHow can solar energy reduce reliance on fossil fuels and foreign oil?
Can I adapt solar energy systems for my business?
How can solar energy lower my carbon emissions?